AIPC 2018 – Strategies for a Changing World!
In the most recent AIPC member survey, centres world-wide cited a series of new and evolving global economic and geopolitical factors that will be of increasing consequence to the future of their business and the industry overall. At the same time, and as we have all seen, the industry is sharing new operational challenges like talent acquisition and retention, changing technologies and evolving consumer expectations with the economy as a whole. This year’s AIPC Conference will explore the potential implications of these issues as well as the actions now being taken or recommended to mitigate their impacts and ensure stability and growth going forward.
This will make AIPC 2018 one of the most important Conferences in our history – and to underline its significance even further, it will be taking place in London - a location that epitomizes the power and consequence of some of the most dramatic political, trade-related and socio-economic shifts taking place in the world today.
Conference details will be evolving as we move toward our 2018 dates. In the meantime, here are some the areas we intend to explore, using the best and most relevant authorities we can access:
• Centre Business and a World in Transition: What Current Trade and Geopolitical Turmoil Mean for Key Business Sectors
• The War for Talent: Finding and Retaining the Skills and Abilities required to Deliver Quality Service
• Delegates and Organizers of the Future: Intergenerational Issues and Expectations
• Frontiers of Education: What’s Changing? What Does This Mean for Centre Infrastructure and Services?
• Business Disruptors in Related Sectors: The Implications of Accommodation and Transportation Start-ups for Centre Business and Relationships
• How Events Engage Distracted Consumers and Professionals: Relevant Research from other Business Sectors
At the same time, we will be mining the deep reserves of industry expertise that exist within our global membership in order to explore issues of common concern that are specific to centres themselves. Current topics under consideration include:
• Case Study Panel: Specialized Recruitment and Training for an Industry in Transition
• Case Study Panel: Exhibitions: Consolidation, Convergence and Specialization; How Should Current Trends influence Future Planning?
• Workshop / Debate: The Role for Standards: What are the Benefits? Who Sets Them? How are they Maintained?
• New Revenue Stories: What’s Worked? What’s Bombed?
• The New Face of Security: Reports from the Front Line and Lessons Learned
• Hotels Update: Rates, Occupancies and Investment at “The Top of the Cycle”; what are the implications for Centres?
As well as these insights and education sessions we will also be providing reports on all our new AIPC Initiatives including:
• The AIPC Benchmarking Initiative: Year 1 Results Meet Year 2 Expectations
• The AIPC Annual Member Survey with Special Sections on the War for Talent and Changing Client Demands of Centres
• AIPC Apex Award 2018: A New Chapter in the Most Rigorous and Best-Documented Industry Award
• The AIPC-Ipsos Client Satisfaction Survey Program: a New and Cost-effective Way to Expand the Value of Stand-alone Surveys
All this and our AIPC Program Update and General Assembly – your opportunities to shape the priorities and activities of your association – will be featured at this must-attend event.
Make your plans now to attend AIPC 2018 London – and don’t hesitate to give us your input on any of the topics we’re advancing. This is your event – make sure it delivers what you want and need to make 2018 a year of insights and breakthroughs!